This gluten free bread boule is what you’ve been waiting for. A perfect crust to satisfy that crunch and a soft interior. Made with 5 simple ingredients. Gluten free, dairy free, vegan, soy free, nut free.Jump to Recipe
I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen with different gluten free bread recipes for the last few months and have finally found the one. The first few experiments were too salty or had an under-cooked gummy texture.
The main thing is to allow the dough to rise for the entire duration, 3 hours may seem a little long but it will be well worth the wait!
Ingredients you’ll need:
Gluten Free All Purpose Flour – I like to use Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
Xanthum Gum – I like to use Bob’s Red Mill Xanthum Gum
Active Dry Yeast
Gluten Free Bread Boule
- steel pan
- oven safe bowl
- 3 cups gluten free all purpose flour sifted
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1⅓ cup warm water 130 F° maximum
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast and sea salt.
- Next add the warm water slowly and stir to combine. If the mix feels to dry add more water a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 3 hours. It will rise almost double.
- At the 2 hour mark, preheat the oven to 450F° and place the steel pan inside the oven.
- At the 2h50 minutes mark, place the oven safe dish filled with 1 cup of room temperature water and place it underneath the steel pan on the rack below.
- Dust flour onto your working surface and knead/roll your dough into a boule shape.
- Transfer dough onto a piece of parchment paper and place in the oven on the steel pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, checking in at 40 minute mark. Bread is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 190F°.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Tag us on social media! #thesweetheartkitchen