Gluten free cookie bars are soft and chewy, packed with chocolate chips and taste exactly like a classic chocolate chip cookie.
What you’ll need to make gluten free cookie bars:
- Butter (softened, I microwaved mine for 30 secs in the microwave)
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Gluten free baking 1:1 flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Sea salt
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Stand Mixer (paddle attachment) or Electric Mixer
- Baking Pan
- Mixing spoon
- Parchment Paper
- Butter – dairy free butter or coconut oil
- Brown Sugar – coconut sugar
- Eggs – flax eggs
- Dark Chocolate Chips – dairy free chocolate chips
What type of gluten free 1:1 flour should I use?
This is a common question among gluten free baking beginners and gluten free baking experts alike, most of us finding a solution through trial and error.
My favourite gluten free 1:1 flour is Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Baking 1:1 Flour. That being said, there are so many great present day options available and therefore I recommend trying out a couple and deciding for yourself which gluten free 1:1 flour is your personal favourite!
Gluten Free Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten free 1:1 flour (we use bob's red mill)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2½ cups dark chocolate chips
- Peheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with greased parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add butter & brown sugar. Using an electric mixer or stand mixer cream together until combined.
- Add eggs, maple syrup and vanilla to the bowl and mix on medium until combined.
- Next, add the flour, sea salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix on medium until everything is combined. stir in 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared parchment lined baking pan. Next press remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips into top of the dough.
- Bake for 20-25min. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.